WOW….Now it is getting VERY real!
All eyes are on the soon approaching storm IRMA, a CAT 5 storm, as it gets dangerously close to our state.
We will be making sure to check on all the properties we currently have on the market, so today will be a busy day.
For all the home owners and renters out there, there, PLEASE PREPARE. If the storm decides to come directly at us (which seems largely possible), you all need to be ready. A CAT 4 or 5 storm is not to be taken lightly.
Let’s go over what we need to get ready:
- Make sure you set your refrigerator to the coolest temperature. In case of loss of power, it will keep the
cool a little longer.
- Get an emergency kit (flashlights, batteries, etc) and a first aid kid and have them handy
- Keep all important documents in the waterproof container: passports, insurances, deeds, valuables, jewelry
- If you take daily medication, make sure you have enough to get you thru a week or two
- Make sure you have at least 1 gallon of water per person, per day for at least 5 days and enough dry food for a few days
- You also have to make sure you have enough pet food and medicine
- Charge all your electronics and have a power back up ready as well
- Fill your tanks and have a couple of gas containers filled as well
- Gather all your patio furniture and bring it inside
- Pump out water from your pool to 12 inches below the edge and add additional chlorine
- Make sure your shutters are up at least 6 hours before the storm is set to start
- Secure your garage door
- Close outdoor electrical outlets and cover them with duct tape
- Document he contents of your house for insurance purposes
Protecting our homes is important. Please make sure you get as prepared as possible. We will do the same. And please, feel free to call us if there is anything we can do for you!