Christmas Mistletoe Margarita
CHRISTMAS MISTLETOE MARGARITA
Hey there, festive friends! 🎄✨ With the holiday season in full swing, I'm thrilled to share a little magic from my kitchen to yours. Today, we're mixing up something special - a Christmas Mistletoe Margarita! This isn't just any cocktail; it's a cheerful blend of holiday spirit and fun, perfect for toasting to good times and great memories. So, grab your shaker, and let's spread some holiday cheer, one delightful sip at a time!
- Orange Juice: The orange juice adds a citrus and sweet component to the drink. The citrus is a must for a margarita.
- Cranberry Juice and Cranberries: Cranberry is going to create that deep red color but also a tart and tangy pairing. You will also use the fresh cranberries to garnish if you choose.
- 7UP: The lemon-lime soda helps to provide a nice fizzy texture to the margarita. It is so great to help lighten up the ingredients and not feel like such a heavy cocktail.
- Cherry Juice: I used the juice from maraschino cherries for a hint of sweetness.
- Tequila: Tequila is a must when it comes to making a margarita. Reach for your favorite type of tequila. Silver tequila is a great one.
- Lemon Juice: A splash of lemon juice will balance out the sweetness in the drink and add more citrus kick to each sip.
Variations to Recipe
- Spicy – Add in some jalapeno slices to add a spicy kick to the cranberry cocktail. If you want super spicy leave all the seeds.
- Smoky – Reach for Mezcal to replace the tequila for a smoky flavor to the cocktail. You can also buy smoked salt to rim the glass for added smoky flavor.
- Ginger – Reach for ginger ale and use that for a bit of a twist. You can even add some grated ginger for a big kick of flavor if you want.
- Basil Garnish – Use Basil to garnish the cocktail. It is going to alter the flavor just a bit but will still offer that gorgeous green pop of color.
- Grenadine – Instead of cherry juice you can add grenadine to the cocktail as it is a sweet cherry-flavored juice as well.
You can rim your glass with coarse salt or sugar. Add some lemon juice to the rim of the glass. Then pour the sugar or salt in a shallow dish and dip the glass so it picks it up. Do this before you add ice or a margarita to a glass of course.
And there you have it, the recipe for the perfect Christmas Mistletoe Margarita! 🍹 Whether you're hosting a holiday bash or just enjoying a cozy night in, this festive drink is sure to add a sparkle to your celebrations. Remember, the holidays are all about creating joyous moments and cherishing the warmth of togetherness. Cheers to making memories that last a lifetime. Happy Holidays and enjoy responsibly!